All artwork and text is copyrighted by Paul Lasaine, unless otherwise attributed to the respective copyright owner. It is illegal to publish, print or reproduce any such artwork or text without written permission by the artist or copyright owners.



Welcome to my blog(s)! I have two. This one is for sketches, tutorials, and other "bloggish" stuff.


Be sure to visit my PORTFOLIO PAGE, where you'll find my real work.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Valentina

I painted this portrait of my wife a few years back to be used as a prop in one of my many Halloween setups at our house. I was a projected ghost painting the portrait. Sadly I don't have any pictures of the final effect. But you can see a similar effect I put together of a ghost playing the piano in our front window. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntsUMlHAzs

22 comments:

Nick said...

That is insane! What a great portrait, the lighting as always is phenomenal! Would love to have seen that setup too, sounds cool! Lovely work as always Mr Lasaine!

A. Riabovitchev said...

Beautiful portrait of beautiful women!:o)
Valentina very Russian name to me.:o)

Daniel Ljunggren said...

just lovely..

Jesse Winchester said...

Incredible.
Just absolutely incredible....

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your com,I think i've written in the previous com that i love very much the lighting atmosphere, especially on her face and on the hat, it is very sweet.
Don't worry for the old comment, it's very kind of you to tell me :)

As well don't hesitate to come by.

Best regards.

Jason Pruett said...

I love the orange light defining parts of the left side (our left) and other parts just falling away into shadow. And her face being under lit by the light bouncing off the white shirt - very nice.

Nathan Fowkes said...

Well it's about frickin time.

Fantastic portrait:)

Chase Standley said...

very nice, I really like the detail you have on the texture of the hat.

ps:I was wondering if you are teaching the vis dev class for illustration at art center. Or are you just doing it for entertainment design?

Marcos Mateu said...

Nice painting! the effect is great, and definitely works every time :))

Norman Hundert said...

It´s fantastic!
Acrylic or Digital?
Or a mixture of them?
It looks like Acrylic... :)
LG
Norman

Paul Lasaine said...

Thanks all!

To answer Norman's question...it's 99% Acrylic. I did the straw texture on the hat digitally, as well as a tiny bit of contrast sweetening.

Alexander said...

Nice portrait and good brush ( acrílic),,, and good texture... ( i see your last comment) jejjeje ......
I like more the ligth, but i don´t like more the link ( video )O_O uuuu

godd work Paul

Abz said...

brilliant!

Jared Shear said...

Beautiful work Paul!

Dilanka Samaratunga said...

Beautiful!

Sylvia Liu said...

beautiful portrait!

Shard said...

glad to have found your blog..amazing works dude!!

DreamerDharma3d said...

Beautiful work Paul!

DreamerDharma3d said...

Beautiful work Paul!

Cut Out Image said...

Great and professional art.Beautiful in that amazing style! I love it!

Clipping path said...

Wonderful work. It's really adorable. Thanks for sharing.

clipping path service said...

it was really good job and thanks for sharing with us